The report is published by Chin Refugee Committee, Delhi and aimed to highlight the plight of the Chin refugees living in Delhi with the hope that their conditions would improve.
This report attempts to highlight:
– The sufferings and struggle of the Chin people in Delhi
– The atrocities committed by the landlords and local people local people on the hapless Chin refugees
– Physical assaults at work place, home, schools, torture
– Gender based sexual violence, assaults, rape, sodomy
– Health care and educational situation
– Lack of awareness of the Delhi Police and insensitivity in dealing with the Chin refugees
– Lack of protection for the Chin refugees by UNHCR and Indian government etc.
The report documents 35 cases studies. All accounts of the various problems face by the Chin refugees could not be fully presented in this report as there are too many; however this report gives an overview of the travails of the Chin refugees in Delhi.