Burma Campaign UK works for human rights, democracy and development in Burma.
Founded in 1991, Burma Campaign UK is one of the leading Burma campaign organisations in the world. We play a crucial role in coordinating the international campaign to free Burma.
- Our campaigns have helped free hundreds of political prisoners.
- We expose human rights abuses that the government tries to keep secret.
- We have ensured life-saving aid has reached villagers forced to flee attacks by the Burmese Army.
- We lobby governments all over the world to do more to promote human rights in Burma.
- Our campaigns have stopped companies investing in Burma in ways which contribute to human rights abuses.
- We generate worldwide media coverage, ensuring the world does not ignore the crisis in Burma.
- We provide support and training to Burmese organisations and individuals, building the capacity of people from Burma to speak out and influence the international community.
- We are a small organisation dependent of public support. We do not receive any government funding. If you would like to support Burma Campaign UK, click here
Commendations for Burma Campaign UK
“The Burma Campaign UK has played a key role in pushing Burma further up both the government and the media agenda.”
Jon Snow, Journalist, Channel 4 News
“Hats off to the Burma Campaign for their strenuous efforts…”
“The Burma Campaign UK is the world’s leading organisation dedicated to campaigning for freedom and democracy in Burma.”
“The Burma Campaign UK is a leading human rights pressure group.”
“Continued support for the Burma Campaign UK is of paramount importance now. International pressure – a major factor in bringing the generals to negotiate – must not be eased.”
Gordon Brown, Sinead Cusack, The Rt Hon Lord Howard of Lympne QC, Clive James, Baroness Helena Kennedy QC, Baroness Glenys Kinnock, Maureen Lipman, Roger Lyons, Rt Hon Lord Steel of Aikwood .
Burma Campaign UK is a ltd company.
Registered in London No. 3804730
28 Charles Square, London N1 6HT