Burma Campaign UK works for human rights, democracy and development in Burma.
Burma Campaign UK is one of the leading Burma campaign organisations in the world.
We play a leading role in raising awareness about the situation in Burma, and pressuring the international community to take action in support of the people of Burma.
We are an award winning organisation working for the promotion of human rights, democracy and development in Burma.
Founded in 1991, Burma Campaign UK is one of the leading Burma campaign organisations in the world. We play a leading role in raising awareness about the situation in Burma, and pressuring the international community to take action in support of the people of Burma.
- As part of a global campaign, we persuaded the United Nations Security Council to discuss Burma for the first time. The Security Council continues to be engaged on Burma.
- We persuaded the British government to double aid to Burma, and to fund cross-border aid in order to reach ethnic people that the regime doesn’t allow aid to be delivered to.
- We have generated thousands of stories about Burma in the media, ensuring the world does not ignore the crisis there.
- We have persuaded many large multi-national companies providing revenue to the dictatorship to end their involvement in Burma.
- We have met with the British Prime Minister, and many other senior politicians around the world, ensuring the message of Burma’s democracy movement is heard by global decision makers.
- We provide support and training to Burmese exile organisations and individuals, building the capacity of people from Burma to speak out and influence the international community.
- We help to coordinate and build Burma campaign groups worldwide, building a strong solidarity movement to help the people of Burma.
- We are a small organisation dependent of public support. We do not receive any government funding. If you would like to support Burma Campaign UK, click here
Commendations for Burma Campaign UK
“Thank you for all that you have done to help the cause of democracy in Burma.”
Aung San Suu Kyi
“The Burma Campaign UK has played a key role in pushing Burma further up both the government and the media agenda.”
Jon Snow, Journalist, Channel 4 News
“Hats off to the Burma Campaign for their strenuous efforts…”
“The Burma Campaign UK is the world’s leading organisation dedicated to campaigning for freedom and democracy in Burma.”
“We can see your strength and your strong determination. We really appreciate your work.”
Federation of Trade Unions – Burma
“I can say with confidence that the Burma Campaign UK is a powerful advocate for Burma’s pro-democracy movement in Europe. I urge you to support them in every way possible.”
Dr Sein Win – Prime Minister, exiled National Coalition Government of Burma
“The Burma Campaign UK is a leading human rights pressure group.”
“Continued support for the Burma Campaign UK is of paramount importance now. International pressure – a major factor in bringing the generals to negotiate – must not be eased.”
Rt Hon Gordon Brown MP, Sinead Cusack, The Rt Hon Lord Howard of Lympne QC, Clive James, Baroness Helena Kennedy QC, Baroness Glenys Kinnock, Maureen Lipman, Sue Lloyd-Roberts, Roger Lyons, Rt Hon Lord Steel of Aikwood .
Join the world’s biggest email network for campaigning on Burma and receive the latest updates and actions from the Burma Campaign UK automatically. Click here
Burma Campaign UK is a ltd company, registered in London No. 3804730 28 Charles Square, London N1 6HT
Join our email network
Join our email network and receive the latest updates and actions from BCUK automatically.
You will receive a confirmation email to stop other people signing you up to the list. You simply need to reply to the email to complete the subscription process.