Political Prisoners News
“Eight Seconds of Silence” New Report Details Deaths of 127 Burmese Democracy Activists in Custody AAPP Calls for UN Security Council Action in Burma Read the report here The Assistance Association for Political Prisoners (Burma) (AAPP) today released a 148…Read More...
Burma Campaign UK today called for the immediate release of Dr Salai Tun Than, a political prisoner on hunger strike in Burma. In March 2002 Dr Salai Tun Than, a retired university rector, was sentenced to seven years in prison…Read More...
Today marks a historical milestone for the democracy movement in Burma. On the 8th of August 1988 the nationwide uprising occurred to protest against human rights abuses, economic decline and in order to abandon the one party dictatorship. The social…Read More...
- Myanmar: Internet blackout could fuel genocide against the Rohingya
- Action Must Be Taken Over Burma Army Rape Of Ta’ang Woman In Shan State
- Facebook: Close Burma Military Facebook Pages – More Than 25 Pages Still Hosted
- Student Activists Arrested for Telling Jokes about the Military
- Shrinking refuge: new threats to refugee security on the Shan-Thai border