Arms Embargo News
The Burma Campaign UK today welcomed British government support for a United Nations arms embargo against Burma. Speaking on Tuesday in the British Parliament during a debate on foreign policy, Foreign Office Minister Meg Munn stated: “We are concerned about…Read More...
Nine Nobel Peace Prize recipients today released a public statement calling for the international community and the United Nations Security Council to impose arms embargoes on the Southeast Asian country of Burma. The move comes after the country’s ruling military…Read More...
New report by Amnesty International, Saferworld and other NGOs The report can be viewed here. The proposed transfer to Myanmar (Burma) of a military helicopter containing components and technology from as many as six European Union countries threatens to undermine an…Read More...
- Karen Martyrs Day And Charges Against Organisers
- UN: Act to Prevent Future Atrocities
- Burmese military kill 5 civilians, including a baby and 2 children, and 3 other injured in Shan State
- Burma Army IB 68 fires shells from village temple, killing 52-year-old farmer in Lashio
- Rohingya Genocide Two Years On – A Record Of Failure By The International Community