Please join us and Naomi Long MP on Tuesday 3rd February 2015, at 11.30 AM, to deliver more than 2,000 rose-tinted glasses, petitions and campaign postcards as part of our campaign to persuade the British government to stop looking at Burma through rose-tinted glasses, and return to putting human rights as their top priority in Burma.
Time and date:
11.30 AM, Tuesday 3rd February 2015
Foreign and Commonwealth Office, King Charles St, London, SW1A 2AH
In recent months, Aung San Suu Kyi, President Obama and the United Nations have all said that Burma’s reform process is stalled, backsliding, or backtracking.
The number of political prisoners has increased five-fold to 160.
Repression of the ethnic Rohingya is increasing.
New laws are being proposed which could restrict the right of women to marry non-Buddhists.
Burmese Army attacks in ethnic states continue, as has the use of rape and sexual violence.
The process in Burma is not a transition to democracy, it is a transition to a new form of authoritarian rule with the same people in charge.
Despite this, the British government refuses to admit the reform process has stalled. Instead, Ministers still talk up reforms, play down human rights violations, and focus on promoting trade and investment.
Our rose-tinted glasses campaign has been highly effective at highlighting how the British government has not based its policies on Burma on the realities on the ground. The campaign has featured in the media in the UK and in Burma, and in debates in Parliament.
Your support on the day will mean a lot to us, and help us have a bigger impact both in terms of influencing the government, and receiving media coverage.
I hope you can join us on the day.
Jinghpaw Wunpawng Amyu Sha Hpung
Kachin National Organization
The Kachin National Organization-UK are honoured to invite you to the 54th anniversary of “Kachin Revolution Day” ceremony.
Date: 7th February 2014 (Saturday)
Time: 6:00pm – 9:00 Pm
Place: Day Hotel, Hounslow-Heathrow East, 8-10 Lampton Road, Hounslow, Greater London, TW3 1JL
Nearest Tube Station: Hounslow Central, Piccadilly line
Kachin food will be served. The importance of commemorating the “Kachin Revolution Day” is highly valued as it is a significant event of the Kachin history. Therefore, we, the Kachin National Organization, would like to request the honour of your presence to give respects to our fallen heroes and share our common struggle for freedom and equal rights.
In solidarity, Kachin National Organisation- UK
Email: email@example.com, Website: www.kachinland.org
Phone: 02085381230 Contacts: Mr. Hkanhpa Sadan :07944 240774 Mr. Christopher Ring Du Lachyung : 07792357887 Mr. Dai Gyung Phugjaung: 07462168417
- Kachin demonstration in London
November 26, 2014
- Drop the Charges against Andy Hall!
October 29, 2014
- Vale Earth Fair 2014
August 24, 2014
- Demonstration in London on Kachin Global Day of Action
June 9, 2014
- Impunity Under Civilian Rule: Sexual Violence in Burma
June 5, 2014
- 2014 Keswick Film Festival
March 1, 2014
- Karen Cultural Evening
August 31, 2013
- Punk Legends Buzzcocks to Headline Vale Earth Fair 2013
August 25, 2013
- Global Day of Action on 2nd anniversary of the breaking of a 17-year ceasefire in Kachin State
June 7, 2013
- The Global Day of Action Against the Shwe Gas and China-Burma Pipelines Project
March 1, 2012
- Women of Burma Living Under Dictatorship
November 15, 2008
- ‘The Real Disaster in Burma’ –new animated film narrated by Ricky Gervais
June 23, 2008
- Global Day Of Action For Cyclone Victims – Saturday 17th May
May 16, 2008
- ‘Wake Up’ by Lo-Star – Benefit single for Burma Campaign released
March 12, 2008
- London protest calls for UN Security Council action on Burma
December 10, 2007
- Stick it up your Junta
November 29, 2007
- KT Tunstall Sings for Burma
October 24, 2007
- Federation of Trade Unions Burma: Sanctions – Now!
October 12, 2007
- Damien Rice performs tribute to Aung San Suu Kyi at concert tonight
October 6, 2007
- The Lady of Burma Play to be Performed in London this Friday
October 3, 2007
- Demonstration at Burmese Embassy in London Following Arrests in Burma
August 22, 2007
- Rock to Remember –Benefit Gig on Uprising Anniversary
August 8, 2007
- Stand Up for Burma 2007
March 25, 2007
- The Lady of Burma, Annie Lennox & Tutu’s pin up
November 9, 2006
- Aung San Suu Kyi – The Play
October 4, 2006
- Stand Up for Burma
January 27, 2006
- UN Security Council must impose sanctions on Burma
June 10, 2003
- An evening of music and comedy for Burma
June 23, 2002