HUMANITARIAN DISASTER LOOMS AS BURMESE ARMY CONTINUES ITS OFFENSIVE AGAINST THE KAREN ETHNIC GROUP February 1, 1994
The ethnic and democratic opposition headquarters, Manerplaw, fell to the Burmese army on the 26th of January, marking the beginning of a serious offensive by the armed forces of the State Law and Order Restoration Council (SLORC) against the Karen…Read More...
- Hsipaw public gather to oppose Naypyidaw’s new budget allocation for Upper Yeywa dam
- EU Trade Commissioner Cecilia Malmström must drop proposal to remove Burma trade privileges
- The Foreign Office is finally changing its approach to Burma, but by how much?
- 160 British Parliamentarians call on Prime Minister to support Myanmar International Criminal Court referral
- Burma Army conscripts porters, detains elderly and children during “clearance operations” near Upper Yeywa dam site in N. Shan State; arrests, tortures villagers in S. Shan State